Serves 4 as an appetizer, 2 as a main served over Soba noodles
- 1 pound taro root, peeled
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 pound ahi tuna, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 - 4 tablespoons shoyu sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 2 green onions, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 6 teaspoons of Citriburst pearls (6 finger limes)
For Taro chips: Preheat oven to 375F. Slice taro root with a mandolin and lay on parchment lined baking sheets. Brush both sides lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake in preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until edges are lightly crisped.
For Poke: in a medium bowl, stir together tuna, shoyu sauce, sesame and chili oils, green onion, sesame seeds, and 4 teaspoons of Citriburst pearls (4 finger limes).
To serve: spoon out poke mixture onto taro chips and garnish with remaining Citriburst pearls (about 2 finger limes). Bon appetit!